(October 21, 2014)- The Cape Coral Police Department is asking the community to be on the lookout for burglary suspect(s) who are targeting elderly victims.
On 10/15/14 at 1:00pm a suspicious person call was reported in Southeast Cape Coral regarding a male who knocked on the victim’s door and said he needed to check on her hot water and make sure it was functioning. The victim, who is in her eighties, let the male in and he turned her faucet on and then began to look around her home. She described the male as:
- medium height and weight
- dark goatee with gray hairs but no mustache
- wearing a baseball cap that was dark green or blue, or a mixture of the two
- dark, long-sleeve striped shirt, and dark pants
The suspect was unsuccessful in stealing anything from this first victim.
Later that day at 3:30pm, another female in her eighties called and reported the same type of incident, however, this time jewelry was stolen from her bedroom. The male (similar description as above) had her turn the hose on in the backyard while two other males that were with him entered her home while he talked on his cell phone next to her in the backyard. She described the following:
- white work style van with two white males inside (she did not see them enter her home and could only say they were White)
- van was large with second row seating
- possibly Hispanic male that she dealt with
- mid to late 40’s
- 190 lbs
If you have any information on the identity of the suspect(s), please contact the Cape Coral Police Department at 239-574-3223. You can also submit an anonymous tip. Go to www.capecops.com/tips or text a tip- text CCPD+"Your Message" to CRIMES (274637). Finally, you can call Crimestoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
CAPE CORAL POLICE DEPARTMENT | Public Affairs Office | 1100 Cultural Park Boulevard | Cape Coral, FL 33990 | (239) 242-3341