CAPE CORAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
Public Affairs Office
1100 Cultural Park Boulevard
Cape Coral, FL 33990
Cape Coral Police Department to Participate in
The Kate Bryson Memorial Walk and Butterfly Release
(April 3, 2014)- The Cape Coral Police Department invites you to participate with us in the Kate Bryson Memorial Walk and Butterfly Release, this Saturday morning at 10 AM at Lakes Regional Park in Fort Myers.
This event, hosted by the 20th Judicial Circuit Victim Services Coalition, begins the observance of National Crime Victims Rights Week, which runs from April 6-12, 2014 here in SWFL.
Every year, National Crime Victims' Rights Week affords victim service providers, allied professionals, and concerned community members an opportunity to reflect on the history of crime victims' rights- on the many obstacles already overcome, and the new challenges that require new solutions.
- When: April 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM
- Where: Lakes Regional Park
7330 Gladiolus Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33908
We will conclude the morning with a butterfly release in honor of victims of crime.
Parking: $1/hr. or $5/day. For more information visit www.leeparks.org.
The vision of National Crime Victims' Rights Week is to:
- Raise the public's consciousness and generate media awareness about the impact of crime on individuals, families, and communities in order to promote and strengthen programs, public policy and services that promote victim justice;
- To remember the pain and suffering of crime victims by honoring them and publicly recognizing their losses, and by reminding all Americans that victims of crime are people they know and love;
- To celebrate the many accomplishments of the victim assistance field;
- And recommit our individual and collective resources to meet the needs of all victims of crime.
There will be a designated table should you wish to bring a picture of your loved one in remembrance.