(April 20, 2015)- A suspect who rammed the car of and pointed a gun at a newspaper delivery person back on July 11, 2014, has been sentenced.
Andres Ponti (W/M, DOB: 07-19-1958, of 231 Rue Labonne Rd., Fort Myers) was arrested on July 11, 2014 on charges of Aggravated Battery, Aggravated Assault, and Criminal Mischief after Cape Coral Police determined that Ponti rammed a vehicle of a newspaper delivery person and then threatened the delivery driver with a gun when they got out of their vehicle to confront him. The incident occurred off of Rose Garden Road, near Tarpon Point.
Ponti claimed to be a private investigator who was contracted by a local resident to investigate a suspicious vehicle that was revving its engine in the area. Point told Officers that he hit the vehicle to prevent it from escaping and he only displayed the firearm when confronted by the driver.
On April 14, 2015, Andres Ponti pled to False Imprisonment, Simple Battery, and Criminal Mischief. He was sentenced by the court and received the following:
False Imprisonment 3rd Degree Felony:
- 48 mos probation
- $413 court costs
- $100 cost of prosecution
- $100 public def fees
- $310.05 defense counsel fee
- $1500 restitution ot victim Fletcher Crawford along with a no contact order
- DNA sample ordered
- Anger management course
- Forfeit firearm to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office due to the adjudication on the felony charge…State will seek that the defendant to lose his CCW along with his PI License (to be determined at a later date)
Simple Battery-1st Degree Misdemeanor and Criminal Mischief less than $1000 more than $200:
- 12 months concurrent probation all to be under State Probation
- adjudication on both misdemeanors
- No early term of probation allowed
CAPE CORAL POLICE DEPARTMENT | Public Affairs Office | 1100 Cultural Park Boulevard | Cape Coral, FL 33990 | (239) 242-3341