(November 18, 2016)- We are extremely pleased to announce the final totals for our 5th annual Harry Chapin Food Drive! We were able to collect over 9 TONS of food and $2,881.65 that the Harry Chapin Food Bank is able to convert into six times that in meals to those in need. See the breakdown below:
- November 9th and 10th: The Cape Coral Police Department collected a combined 1,373 pounds from Christa McAuliffe Elementary and Oasis Charter Elementary schools.
- November 16th: The Cape Coral Police Department joined forces with Caldwell and Kerr Advertising and collected 14,058 pounds of food as well as a donation to the Harry Chapin Food Bank in the amount of $1000.00.
- November 17th: The Cape Coral Police Department placed three collection stations at three local Walmarts and collected 2,763 pounds of food as well as $1,881.65.
- Total pounds of food- 18,194 pounds of food. (That’s 9.097 tons!)
- Total Dollars collected- $2,881.65.
Thank you to the media outlets who spread the word, Christa McAuliffe and Oasis Charter Elementary Schools, Caldwell & Kerr Advertising, Walmart, and the caring public for their incredible generosity!
CAPE CORAL POLICE DEPARTMENT | Public Affairs Office | 1100 Cultural Park Boulevard | Cape Coral, FL 33990 | (239) 242-3341