(November 3, 2016)- The driver in a parking lot hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian has been sentenced to prison.
On October 11, 2016, Gerald Gray, 56 of Fort Myers, was sentenced in the hit-and-run crash that occurred on October 21, 2015 at the RaceTrac gas station located at 2607 Del Prado Boulevard South. The crash killed pedestrian Donnell Strum, 83 of Cape Coral. Gray pled no contest to charges of leaving the scene of an accident causing death, as well as knowingly driving on a suspended license, and was sentenced to the following:
- 4 years state prison for leaving the scene of accident causing death (minimum mandatory 4 years)
- 1 year state prison for knowingly driving on a suspended license (runs concurrent with 4 year sentence)
- 3 years of state probation upon release
- 100 hours of community service
- LIFETIME suspended license
- Additional fines and court costs
Previous news releases are linked below:
ARRESTED: Gerald Gray, B/M, DOB: 5-5-1960, of 4641 Gibson Circle, Fort Myers FL.
CHARGES: Leaving Scene of Accident Causing Death, Driving on a Suspended License (Knowingly)
CAPE CORAL POLICE DEPARTMENT | Public Affairs Office | 1100 Cultural Park Boulevard | Cape Coral, FL 33990 | (239) 242-3341